What visitors should know
The management of Table Mountain National Park would like to inform its day visitors to the park that water saving measures have been implemented especially in picnic areas such as Bordtjiesdrift and Buffelsbay in Cape Point, Boulders as well as in some of the other picnic sites which include Tokai, Silvermine and Oudekraal.
Some of the measures are:
- Waterless hand sanitation products, especially in the toilet facilities in Cape Point. This was made possible with the assistance of Thebe Tourism who manages the Two Ocean Restaurant and the funicular.
- A reduction in the number of outdoor taps at picnic sites
- The immediate closure of all outdoor shower facilities at picnic sites and coastal beaches
- Visitors, especially those that are using the picnic sites are encouraged to bring water from home
- We encourage picnic site users especially those wishing to braai to ensure that they don’t leave fires unattended and put their fires out once they have finished braaiing.
- Park users are encouraged to report leaking taps, pipes etc in the park to the closest TMNP office.
The park will continue to monitor the situation with regards to the water crisis and take necessary measures as required.
Regional Communications Manager: Cape Region*
South African National Parks
Cell: 072 627 3910
*Agulhas, Bontebok, Table Mountain, Tankwa & West Coast National Parks