Please familiarise yourself with the protocols we’ve put in place for the operation of the funicular during the COVID-19 pandemic.*
*In line with the Disaster Management Act, 2002, The Regulations for Hazardous Biological Agents, Covid-19 Occupational Health and Safety Measures in Workplaces Covid-19 (C19 OHS), 2020 and DoH guidelines and advice, and will be revised as required.
- A questionnaire will be completed upon arrival at the gate, as well as mandatory temperature screenings.
- All visitors will be required to sanitise their hands when entering at the gates.
- Visitors with a temperature screening of 37.4 degrees Celsius and above will not be allowed access.
- Wearing a face mask is compulsory. No mask, no entry.
- It is imperative to bring along your South African Identification Document to qualify for the SA special entry rates (R80 for adults and R40 for kids). Electronic proof of SA ID on a phone is acceptable.
- Braais and picnics are not permitted as per COVID-19 regulations; The Buffelsfontein Visitor Centre and overnight hiking trail huts will remain closed.
At the visitor facilities
Information signage and notices will be available throughout the facility. These will highlight details on:
Proper use of masks
Hand sanitising and hand washing
Physical distancing in queuing and general spacing
Information on COVID-19 symptoms
- Sanitising stations will be available in high-touch areas.
- Distance markers will be placed on the floor at queuing areas and staff members will ensure that these are adhered to.
- Only a limited number of people will be allowed in the retail stores and food shop at a time. Distancing must be practiced and masks to stay on at all times in these spaces.
- Visitors will be briefed on COVID-19 protocols before entering the funicular.
- All visitors are required to wear a mask
- The maximum capacity in the funicular is 8 including the operator. Masks are compulsory and all railings will be sanitised after each trip.
- Visitors will be required to sanitise their hands when entering the funicular/curio stores/food shop
All staff members have undergone Covid-19 training and will continue to receive training as needed.
All staff’s temperatures will be taken daily and a screening log will be kept.
All staff must wear masks at all times, each member has been allocated sufficient reusable masks to wear on duty.
All general areas like toilets, high-touch areas such as till points and railings will be sanitised regularly.
Visitors are advised to familiarise themselves with the protocols to make their visit seamless and safe.