What will you be doing for your 67 minutes this Mandela Day? Here are some simple ideas to get you started.
- Do a neighbourhood or beach clean up. Get your colleagues/friends or family to bring black bags and focus on an area that needs some care.
- Encourage all your colleagues/family or friends to bring all their old clothes and donate these to an organisation in need.
- Volunteer or spend 67 minutes at a night shelter or home.
- Have a party at a children’s home – this will brighten their day. Play games with them, have snacks and just spend time with them.
- Put together stationery packs or collect stationery to donate to a school in need.
- Paint, build or repair something that needs attention at a school.
- Collect and donate books and magazines to schools.
- Make sandwiches or meal packs to be dropped off at a school in a less fortunate area.
- Spend time with the elderly. Find a home and go have a chat with some of the folks that we tend to forget about and just listen to their stories.
- Knit, buy or donate one of your own blankets to someone in need. Get your office/family involved and have a blanket drive.